SUMMER PROGRAMS UPDATE - APRIL 12, 2021
Dear Families and Friends,
As of April 12, 2021, the Ballet Hispánico School of Dance plans to move forward with both in-person programming AND virtual options this summer. This is an exciting step back into our studios after COVID-19 forced us out over a year ago. Below are some of the measures in place to ensure safe learning this summer.
IN-PERSON SUMMER PROGRAM OFFERINGS
- Limited Enrollment has been implemented to ensure social distancing in classrooms.
- Required Mask Wearing for all persons in the building
- Required Hand Sanitizing is required upon entry and scheduled throughout time in building.
- Daily Health Questionnaire is required prior to entering the building.
- Daily Temperature Check is required prior to entering the building.
- Air & Ventilation: The air conditioning and ventilating system in the Ballet Hispánico building has been upgraded with filters and air flow that are meant to help remove most pathogens, including the COVID-19 virus, from the air. Windows and doors will remain open during classes
- Limited Capacity and Use of Changing Areas, Locker Rooms, and Bathrooms
- Staggered Scheduling & Longer Transition Periods will be in place to keep hallway traffic to a minimum.
- Floors: The studio floors will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Surfaces: Ballet Hispánico will provide sanitizing wipes. Students will wipe down surfaces with a sanitizing wipe before and after use (ie, ballet barres, etc.) in addition to BH’s daily cleaning protocols.
- Dancers, Staff and Faculty Only will be allowed in the building. No parents or guests will be permitted to enter to keep capacity in the building at a minimum. All drop-off and pick-up will take place at the front door or other designated entry.
- Protocol: A more detailed protocol will be communicated to registered students and families closer to the program launch date to ensure the most up to date CDC guidelines are incorporated.
VIRTUAL SUMMER PROGRAM OFFERINGS
Please note that virtual offerings will take place in addition to in-person options.
- Los Explorers and Los Adventurers Virtual Camps: Students registered in virtual camps will take class with a virtual teacher that is solely working with virtual students taking class from home.
- ELEVATE!, Summer Intensive, ChoreoLaB, and Best Practices: We Support Learning! Professional Development for Dance Teachers: All of these programs will have a hybrid format, meaning teachers in the studio with in-person students will also support the virtual students taking from home in the same class.
We are thrilled to be able to offer both in-person and virtual options this summer. We know that COVID-19 remains a variable that is unpredictable. As such, we remain vigilant in following any updates from the CDC as well as local and state authorities. We will continue to update as needed. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Director, Ballet Hispánico School of Dance