For over fifty years, Ballet Hispánico has provided opportunities to dancers of all backgrounds. Our school continues to offer two types of awards: merit scholarships and needs-based tuition assistance.
Tuition assistance is available for students for all our programs. We determine a candidate's eligibility based on a family’s adjusted income from the previous year's federal taxes. This information allows us to assess the percentage of tuition support your child may receive. Student conduct, preparedness, lateness and/or absences and overall performance within the School of Dance are taken into consideration when renewing your tuition assistance.
2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR is now closed
Each year, a limited number of full and partial merit scholarships are awarded to students with outstanding artistic potential, work ethic, and commitment to their dance studies. All dancers auditioning for any of our programs are automatically considered for merit scholarships. Scholarships are awarded for summer and year-round programs. If you are selected to receive a merit scholarship of any kind you will be notified via email.
Our Nuestro Futuro Scholarship Program is a merit-based scholarship program designed to support passionate young artists seeking challenging, professional, training experiences. Nuestro Futuro Students serve as School of Dance and Ballet Hispánico ambassadors.
Nuestro Futuro Scholaship Student Requirements
- Complete the entire length of the program as part of their Nuestro Futuro Scholarship Award.
- Attend and perform at Ballet Hispánico events as ambassadors of the organization when requested by School Leadership.
- Meet donors of the program at Nuestro Futuro events when requested by School Leadership (i.e. Parent Visiting Weeks, Winter Showcase, BH Company Joyce season, Etc.)
- Attend regular check-in meetings with School of Dance Directors throughout the school year, to monitor student progress, address individual student needs, and offer one-on-one mentor support.
- Display excellent comportment at all times, serving as an exemplary student of the School of Dance.
- Volunteer for the organization throughout the year as requested.