Summer Programs Auditions
There are no upcoming live auditions for ChoreLaB or Summer Intensive. Please see below for how to submit a video audition.
Please read requirements for video auditions and download the form here.
VIDEO REQUIREMENTS (Summer Intensive)
Applicants must demonstrate exercise that incorporate the following:
- Ballet Barre: Tendu, grand pliés, fondus with développé en croix, grand battement
- Ballet Center: Adagio, pirouettes en dehors & en dedans, diagonal of piqué en tournant
- Ballet Allegro : Sautés, changement de pieds, jeté, assemblé, sissonne, grand jeté
- Modern/Contemporary: Across the floor and center combination
- Spanish Dance (if experienced in the form): footwork, marking sequences with vueltas, palmas, and castanet exercises
VIDEO REQUIREMENTS (ChoreoLab)
Applicants should send their current video dance reel, which demonstrates skill in both contemporary and classical forms along with any specialized dance knowledge. Improvisation is also welcome. If applicant does not have a reel, videos of a performance solo are permissible (rehearsal of solo is acceptable). Video footage should be a minimum of 2 minutes and a maximum of 5 minutes. A preliminary placement will be given from video. Once student is enrolled, an additional observation by artistic leadership during class will be scheduled to determine any level adjustment needed.
VIDEO AUDITION FEE
There is a $40 video audition fee, which may be paid by check (made out to Ballet Hispánico, with a note in the memo “School of Dance Audition”) or by submitting a credit card authorization form.
Before submitting your video audition, please be sure to have the following:
- Video link or DVD, as requested above
- Completed audition form (download HERE)
- 8x10 color headshot
- $40 payment via check or credit card authorization form (download HERE)
Methods of Submission
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION OF VIDEO AUDITION
If e-mailing a link, please send to Joshua Winzeler at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “School of Dance Audition Video.” Be sure to include any password(s) needed to view your video reel at time of submission.
BY MAIL SUBMISSION OF VIDEO AUDITION
If mailing, DVD must be in a format ready to view on American DVD players. Please mail DVD to Ballet Hispánico at 167 West 89th Street, New York, NY 10024 to the attention of the School of Dance along with other requirements listed in checklist below.
Incomplete submissions will NOT be processed.
APPLICATION DEADLINES & ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION
Video audition submissions are due before or on May 8, 2020. Allow at least three to four business weeks for processing. If accepted, you will be required to complete the registration forms that are available on our website at www.ballethispanico.org. All videos become property of the Ballet Hispánico School of Dance and will not be returned.
Payments may be completed as follows:
- Online: You will need to create a log in through MindBody and follow steps.
- In Person: School Year Office hours are Tuesday-Friday 2:00-7:00pm & Saturdays 10:00am-4:00pm. Summer Office Hours are Monday-Friday 10:00am-4:00pm (please refer to the School Calendar for when the hours begin)
- By Mail to: Ballet Hispánico 167 West 89th Street, New York, NY 10024 (Attention: School of Dance, with a note in the memo “School of Dance Audition”)