CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Director of Finance & Administration
Ballet Hispanico seeks an experienced Director of Finance & Administration. The Director of Finance & Administration is a strategic partner with and reports to the Executive Director. The successful candidate is a hands-on and participative manager and leads and develops a team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration and information technology.
The Director of Finance & Administration plays a vital role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as Ballet Hispanico continues to grow and build capacity. This is an ideal opportunity for the right leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a highly regarded and progressive organization.
The Director of Finance & Administration is a full-time exempt position.
Responsibilities (Include, but are not limited to):
· Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements;
· Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, working with external auditors;
· Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director;
· Prepare and maintain budgets for applications to and reports for institutional grants and awards;
· Administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status;
· Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting;
· Schedule and prepare materials for quarterly Finance Committee meetings;
· Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual;
· Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
· Further develop Ballet Hispanico’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting;
· Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined;
· Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures;
· Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities.
Technology, Operations and Administration
· Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization grows;
· Oversee and maximize earned short-term rental income;
· Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants;
· Work with Ballet Hispanico’s senior staff to continue implementing an IT plan for the future, and update the plan to meet IT needs (hardware and software) as the organization grows;
· Manage the organization’s physical infrastructure, physical plant, and system maintenance (phone system, security, cleaning, supplies, etc.) and outsourced maintenance company;
· Develop successful and trusting relationships with vendors, business partners and community collaborators, and create and sustain an environment at Ballet Hispanico that supports these relationships;
· Work as part of the Senior Management team to develop policies, procedures, and practices for Ballet Hispanico.
Qualifications / Skills
· Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree, or equivalent experience;
· At least 7-10 years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years of broad financial and operations management experience;
· The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously;
· Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds;
· Knowledge of accounting and reporting software, FundEZ preferred;
· A successful track record in setting priorities;
· Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making;
· Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
· A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment;
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Ballet Hispanico;
Salary: Competitive salary with benefits.
Start Date: November 1, 2015
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume to Joshua Palmer, Executive Assistant email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Job description is also available for downloadhere.
The Marketing Associate plays an important role by facilitating the day-to-day management of all marketing, communication and audience development efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare electronic newsletters and e-blasts;
• Maintain the Ballet Hispanico website;
• Update press packets, collect and organize press clippings, and build institutional media list;
• Contribute to the maintenance of Ballet Hispanico’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and a blog;
• Coordinate the creation of marketing materials such as brochures, event programs, postcards, playbills, and flyers;
• Maintain relationships with and support the efforts of tour presenters and cross-promotional partners;
• Help coordinate the efforts of press and graphic design consultants;
• Facilitate image cataloging and organization of image & video library.
1. Bachelor’s degree and at least 1-2 years of professional marketing or communications experience (internships ok)
2. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
3. Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
4. Ability to think creatively and strategically while executing marketing opportunities.
5. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Photoshop (or other graphic design application), and major social media platforms. Familiarity with Wordpress, CMS (web content management system), Mailchimp, Google Analytics, and Spanish is a plus.
6. Must be a self-starter with a proactive approach to work.
7. Excellent follow-up skills.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Ballet Hispanico provides an excellent benefits package, including individual medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, 403B plan, paid time off (outside of 10 paid holidays and a paid week between Christmas and New Year’s), and summer Fridays.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Job description also available for download here.
Education & Outreach Teaching Artists
Ballet Hispanico is currently accepting teaching artist applications for part-time work in our Education & Outreach program.
We offer a series of dance education residency activities that serve students, educators, dance audiences, parents and the general public. At Ballet Hispanico we share a unique blend of dance and learning about the Hispanic and Latino Diaspora. Our programs support student achievement in the classroom and inspiring a passion for learning and discovery that will last a lifetime.
We invite applications from Teaching artists who specialize in: Afro-Caribbean, Creative Movement, Folkloric Dances from the Americas, Latin Partner Dances, Modern Dance (Choreography and Repertory Work), Dances from Spain/Flamenco, Modern, Ballet, Jazz, Latin Jazz and Dance Composition, Improvisation, Technique, Partnering. We welcome submissions related to other dance forms of the Americas not listed here.
Ballet Hispanico Teaching artists possess:
Please send cover letter, resumes, and sample residency outline to: email@example.com.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMBallet Hispanico offers a comprehensive, full-time and part-time internship program. Interns experience professional and educational mentorship in the areas of Arts Administration, Marketing, Production and Education. If you are an undergraduate student, graduate student, recent college graduate or an early-career professional, you could be part of this fantastic program! (see descriptions below).
TO APPLYA complete application consisting of the following:
All material should be addressed to BH Internship Program.
WAYS TO APPLY
Please submit your application only once by one of the means below:
Ballet Hispanico Internship Program:
167 W. 89th St., New York, NY 10024;
Fax: (212) 362-3081
Please, no duplicate submissions and no phone calls.
INTERVIEWSOnce we have received your application, our office will be in touch to confirm receipt of your materials, and/or set-up an interview.
COMPANY MANAGEMENT INTERNSGain insight into the details of this type of work by researching and creating tour packs, assisting in the drafting of dancer contracts, helping to coordinate tour travel needs, and researching licensing for music rights. Supervised by the Company Manager, interns will have an opportunity to experience the full process, from inception, to rehearsal, pre-production, to performance, of a professional company. They will interact with the Production team, Rehearsal Director and support the efforts of the Artistic Director. Attention to detail is essential, as is an ability to work in a fast-paced environment. 15-20 hours per week. SPRING
Interns work with the Education Staff in administering residencies, student performances, Performances for Young People, professional development workshops, and family workshops. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, gathering resources and information that supports the development of education materials for educators and teaching artists; and assisting teaching artists during workshops. In addition, interns will have opportunities to observe our seasoned teaching artists in action. 10-20 hours per week. SPRING, SUMMER
EDUCATION & OUTREACH
Assist Technical Director, who handles all technical aspects of Ballet Hispanico productions with the School, Company and Education & Outreach, including benefits, special events, and workshops. Interns also assist in providing administrative support to the production department (Stage Manager and Wardrobe Supervisor). Full-time SUMMER ONLY
Interns work closely with the Wardrobe Supervisor, the dance company, school personnel, and teaching artists. Responsibilities would include taking measurements, costume maintenance, performance dressing & quick changes. Interns will have the opportunity to work with productions staff for performances in May and June. Sewing Skills a must! SPRING, SUMMER