Employment Click for Spanish
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The Development Assistant is a full-time, exempt staff position that reports to the Director of Development to support and coordinate fundraising activities. Responsibilities include:
· Enter and update data in the Raiser’s Edge database including gifts, pledges, contact information and event attendance;
· Process individual and event gifts; includes drafting acknowledgments and related correspondence;
· Provide data management and reporting support for members of the Development team (includes preparation of donor lists for publication);
· Assist with preparation of grant proposals and reports to foundations, corporations and government entities;
· Assist with event logistics, creation of collateral materials, invitation lists and RSVPs, for key Ballet Hispanico events such as the Spring Gala, Junior Society, and select cultivation events throughout the year;
· Coordinate annual fund mailings;
· Manage and update list of prospects; Research prospective institutional funders;
· Assist with ticketing for the Company’s New York season;
· Assist Development staff as needed.
· 1-2 years of work experience (internships ok).
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
· Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize work in order to meet important deadlines.
· Computer proficiency: MS Excel, Word, Outlook required. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, Adobe Photoshop and MailChimp a plus.
· Must be a self-starter with a proactive approach to work.
· Spanish language skills a plus.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent Benefits.
Start Date: February 2014
Download: Job description.
Candidates are invited to send a letter of interest and resume to: Director of Development, Ballet Hispanico, 167 West 89 Street, New York, NY 10024 or via email to email@example.com. Please include your name and the words “Development Assistant” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please.
Ballet Hispanico is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Education & Outreach Teaching Artists
Ballet Hispanico is currently accepting teaching artist applications for part-time work in our Education & Outreach program.
We offer a series of dance education residency activities that serve students, educators, dance audiences, parents and the general public. At Ballet Hispanico we share a unique blend of dance and learning about the Hispanic and Latino Diaspora. Our programs support student achievement in the classroom and inspiring a passion for learning and discovery that will last a lifetime.
We invite applications from Teaching artists who specialize in: Afro-Caribbean, Creative Movement, Folkloric Dances from the Americas, Latin Partner Dances, Modern Dance (Choreography and Repertory Work), Dances from Spain/Flamenco, Modern, Ballet, Jazz, Latin Jazz and Dance Composition, Improvisation, Technique, Partnering. We welcome submissions related to other dance forms of the Americas not listed here.
Ballet Hispanico Teaching artists possess:
Please send cover letter, resumes, and sample residency outline to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships and Volunteers
ABOUT THE PROGRAMBallet Hispanico offers a comprehensive, full-time and part-time internship program. Interns experience professional and educational mentorship in the areas of Arts Administration, Marketing, Production and Education. If you are an undergraduate student, graduate student, recent college graduate or an early-career professional, you could be part of this fantastic program! (see descriptions below).
TO APPLYA complete application consisting of the following:
All material should be addressed to BH Internship Program.