Employment Click for Spanish
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Director of Development
Ballet Hispanico seeks an experienced Director of Development. The Director of Development leads Ballet Hispanico’s fund-raising efforts and, in addition to the Executive Director, works closely with the Artistic Director, the Chair of the Board of Directors and several committees of the board to achieve the organization’s contributed income goals.
Ballet Hispanico’s Director of Development is responsible for developing and implementing a plan to achieve all annual fundraising goals in support of the organization’s $5.4M annual budget. This includes: securing renewed and new funding in the areas of individual, institutional and government support; identifying, prioritizing and developing strategies for new opportunities; and planning and implementing special events.
In collaboration with the Director of Marketing & Communcations, the Director of Development will develop an external communications strategy that increases awareness and understanding of Ballet Hispanico’s mission and services to the community, institutions and the media.
About Ballet Hispanico:
Founded in 1970 by Tina Ramírez, Ballet Hispanico explores, preserves, and celebrates Latino cultures through dance. The organization’s programs include the professional Company, the School of Dance and Education & Outreach programs. Additionally:
This is an especially exciting time for Ballet Hispanico: The Company’s 2014 season concludes with over 40 weeks of highly acclaimed national and international touring; special contributions totaling $4.2M have been received in the last two years for operating and capital gifts; and a major façade and first floor renovation is scheduled for this summer.
Specific Duties (Include, but are not limited to):
· Create and implement an innovative development strategy that engages all of the organization’s resources, especially the Board of Directors and the executive/artistic leadership team and that consistently retains and secures new revenue for the organization.
· Lead the individual giving program by cultivating relationships with existing donors as well as researching and recruiting new individual donors, especially “major” donors.
· Oversee the institutional funding program and identify new and prospective foundation and public funders.
· Oversee planning and execution of fundraising and special events including the annual gala, the New York City performance season and smaller events throughout the year.
· Promote and solicit corporate sponsorship for Company activities, special events and program development initiatives undertaken by the organization. Develop sponsorship marketing materials in collaboration with the Director of Marketing & Communications.
· In consultation with the Board Chair and Executive Director, set well-researched and achievable goals and benchmarks.
· Prepare and monitor fundraising department’s budget along with budgets that accompany grant proposals.
· Oversee and/or execute all fundraising proposals and donor relation activities including database management, acknowledgement letters, reports, etc.
· Assist the Director of Marketing & Communications in the development and delivery of an external communications strategy that increases awareness and understanding of Ballet Hispanico’s mission and services to the community.
· Represent Ballet Hispanico at performances, showings and industry events.
This position is scheduled Monday through Friday, though some evening and possibly weekend hours will be required during performance and events seasons. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Ballet Hispanico provides an excellent benefits package, including individual medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance and a 403B plan.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, required. Master’s degree preferred;
· Minimum of 7 years of non-profit fundraising experience, and 3 in leadership roles, with knowledge of and expertise in principles of philanthropy and fundraising;
· A proven track record securing institutional gifts and corporate sponsorships;
· Significant individual and major gift fundraising experience;
· A demonstrated ability to think creatively and bring fresh ideas and approaches to fundraising initiatives;
· Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with an ability to be an effective public speaker. Knowledge of Spanish is desirable, though not required;
· Experience forecasting, managing and reporting on fiscal budgets;
· Excellent planning and organizational skills;
· Excellent supervisory skills with experience in managing staff and working collaboratively with colleagues throughout the organization;
· Experience with special event planning and coordination;
· An arts-related background;
· Familiarity with New York’s arts philanthropic community;
· A self-starter who is capable of juggling multiple projects across varying time frames;
· A commitment to Ballet Hispanico’s mission.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume to Fredrick Pandian, Director of Finance & Administration at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Job description can also be downloaded here.
Education & Outreach Teaching Artists
Ballet Hispanico is currently accepting teaching artist applications for part-time work in our Education & Outreach program.
We offer a series of dance education residency activities that serve students, educators, dance audiences, parents and the general public. At Ballet Hispanico we share a unique blend of dance and learning about the Hispanic and Latino Diaspora. Our programs support student achievement in the classroom and inspiring a passion for learning and discovery that will last a lifetime.
We invite applications from Teaching artists who specialize in: Afro-Caribbean, Creative Movement, Folkloric Dances from the Americas, Latin Partner Dances, Modern Dance (Choreography and Repertory Work), Dances from Spain/Flamenco, Modern, Ballet, Jazz, Latin Jazz and Dance Composition, Improvisation, Technique, Partnering. We welcome submissions related to other dance forms of the Americas not listed here.
Ballet Hispanico Teaching artists possess:
Please send cover letter, resumes, and sample residency outline to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships and Volunteers
ABOUT THE PROGRAMBallet Hispanico offers a comprehensive, full-time and part-time internship program. Interns experience professional and educational mentorship in the areas of Arts Administration, Marketing, Production and Education. If you are an undergraduate student, graduate student, recent college graduate or an early-career professional, you could be part of this fantastic program! (see descriptions below).
TO APPLYA complete application consisting of the following:
All material should be addressed to BH Internship Program.