Open Company Audition - May 23, 2013
Ballet Hispanico of New York will hold auditions for experienced male and female dancers
for the 2013-2014 Season. Company offers AGMA contract with benefits, 26 weeks guaranteed, domestic and international touring.
Artists with strong classical and contemporary dance training are encouraged to apply. A minimum of 3-5 years professional dance experience is required.
For more information about the Company and repertory, please visit our website HERE
. Reservations Required:
Please send a resume and headshot to email@example.com
(no phone calls, please).
The audition will be held at the Ballet Hispanico studios at 167 West 89th Street, New York, NY
Schedule for May 23:
10:00am - Registration opens
11:00am - Audition begins
3:00pm - Audition ends
Education & Outreach Teaching Artists
Ballet Hispanico is currently accepting teaching artist applications for part-time work in our Education & Outreach program.
We offer a series of dance education residency activities that serve students, educators, dance audiences, parents and the general public. At Ballet Hispanico we share a unique blend of dance and learning about the Hispanic and Latino Diaspora. Our programs support student achievement in the classroom and inspiring a passion for learning and discovery that will last a lifetime.
We invite applications from Teaching artists who specialize in: Afro-Caribbean, Creative Movement, Folkloric Dances from the Americas, Latin Partner Dances, Modern Dance (Choreography and Repertory Work), Dances from Spain/Flamenco, Modern, Ballet, Jazz, Latin Jazz and Dance Composition, Improvisation, Technique, Partnering. We welcome
submissions related to other dance forms of the Americas not listed here.
Ballet Hispanico Teaching artists possess:
- experience teaching in k-12 urban school settings and communities of teachers, parents and neighborhood centers
- a passion for working in schools with children who may have never danced before
- an educational background that supports sequential, scaffolded teaching that is fun and organized
- strong, engaging and positive classroom management and interpersonal skills
- the ability to create fun lessons that take complicated steps and make them accessible to children in an easy to understand, child-friendly structured manner
- knowledge about Ballet Hispanico’s history and awareness of social and historical influence of Hispanic and Latino culture on the dance form they teach
- a demonstrated ability to plan lessons and an entire residency including the integration of the art form into classroom curriculum
- a demeanor that reflects warmth, openness, enthusiasm, willingness to grow and work as part of a team.
- excellent administrative skills related to deadlines, email responsiveness, flexibility and professionalism
Please send cover letter, resumes, and
sample residency outline to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internships and Volunteers
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Ballet Hispanico offers a comprehensive, full-time and part-time internship program. Interns experience professional and educational mentorship in the areas of Arts Administration, Marketing, Production and Education. If you are an undergraduate student, graduate student, recent college graduate or an early-career professional, you could be part of this fantastic program! (see descriptions below).
- Invitations to BH events, rehearsals, and performances
- Exposure to the workings of all departments
- Attendance at departmental and full staff meetings
- Network with staff and professionals in the field
- Gain experience that will increase value to prospective employers
- Build a resume and references
A complete application consisting of the following:
- A cover letter describing of your career path and how it relates to being an intern at Ballet Hispanico. Please also include which internship(s) you are applying for
- A resume including administrative and relevant experience
WAYS TO APPLY
All material should be addressed to BH Internship Program.
Please submit your application only once by one of the means below:
Ballet Hispanico Internship Program:
167 W. 89th St., New York, NY 10024;
Fax: (212) 362-3081
Please, no duplicate submissions and no phone calls.
Once we have received your application, our office will be in touch to confirm receipt of your materials, and/or set-up an interview.
- Fall (September-December): July 31st
- Spring (February-June): November 30th
- Summer (June-August): March 30th
EXTERNAL AFFAIRS INTERN
The External Affairs Department at Ballet Hispanico consists of a team of staff working together to fundraise for and market the organization. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in fundraising, event planning, and marketing for a non-profit arts organization. Duties include, but are not limited to: Assistance in planning of fundraising and/or cultivation events; help with mailing appeals and other various outreach; online research; researching potential funding sources and marketing outlets; assisting with database maintenance; assisting with digital marketing and public relations and general administrative tasks. SPRING, SUMMER, FALL. Required skills:
' Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
' Strong organizational skills as well as strong communication skills (written and verbal).
' Computer proficiency: MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
' Must be a self-starter with a proactive approach to work.
' Ability to prioritize work in order to meet important deadlines.
' Excellent follow-up skills. Preferred skills:
' Familiarity with Photoshop, Mailchimp, Wordpress, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, YouTube)
' Knowledge of Spanish is a plus
COMPANY MANAGEMENT INTERNS
Gain insight into the details of this type of work by researching and creating tour packs, assisting in the drafting of dancer contracts, helping to coordinate tour travel needs, and researching licensing for music rights. Supervised by the Company Manager, interns will have an opportunity to experience the full process, from inception, to rehearsal, pre-production, to performance, of a professional company. They will interact with the Production team, Rehearsal Director and support the efforts of the Artistic Director. Attention to detail is essential, as is an ability to work in a fast-paced environment. 15-20 hours per week. SPRING
EDUCATION & OUTREACH
Interns work with the Education Staff in administering residencies, student performances, Performances for Young People, professional development workshops, and family workshops. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, gathering resources and information that supports the development of education materials for educators and teaching artists; and assisting teaching artists during workshops. In addition, interns will have opportunities to observe our seasoned teaching artists in action. 10-20 hours per week. SPRING, SUMMER
Assist Technical Director, who handles all technical aspects of Ballet Hispanico productions with the School, Company and Education & Outreach, including benefits, special events, and workshops. Interns also assist in providing administrative support to the production department (Stage Manager and Wardrobe Supervisor). Full-time SUMMER ONLY
Interns work closely with the Wardrobe Supervisor, the dance company, school personnel, and teaching artists. Responsibilities would include taking measurements, costume maintenance, performance dressing & quick changes. Interns will have the opportunity to work with productions staff for performances in May and June. Sewing Skills a must! SPRING, SUMMER