Professional Development for Dance Teachers
Refine your teaching practices in a supportive community of dance educators!
A week long opportunity for dance teachers to immerse themselves amongst fellow educators, share best practices, and further their teaching artistry. All educators from seasoned faculty to new teachers, community dance practitioners, dance education undergraduates/graduates, dance studio owners, and K-12 teachers, are welcome.
Professional Development will be offered in-person and virtually. Registration is limited for both options. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, only residents of the tri-state area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut) are permitted to attend the in-person program. Students outside of the tri-state area may not attend the in-person program. The virtual program is open to students in any location. Ballet Hispánico is unable to provide housing for those participating in the in-person program.
- Observe classes taught by Ballet Hispánico faculty
- Develop class structures and lesson plans for all age groups and levels
- Benchmarks of early-childhood, elementary, middle school, and high school learners
- Culturally responsive pedagogy
- Engage diverse learners
- Use music to enhance your teaching with an accompanist and recorded music
- Classroom management in studios, classrooms, and community settings
- Network with educators in the field
- Teach absolute beginners to advanced dancers in multiple dance genres
- Online and hybrid learning
For more tuition details, please visit Mindbody. Early Bird tuition pricing for Summer Programs is available through April 30, 2021. Tuition discounts are available for NDEO, EFSD and NASD members.
Financial support is available for our Professional Development particpants. E-mail the School of Dance at email@example.com for more information.