A week long opportunity for dance teachers to immerse themselves amongst fellow educators, share best practices, and further their teaching artistry. All educators are welcome, from seasoned faculty to new teachers, community dance practitioners, dance education undergraduates/graduates, dance studio owners, and K-12 teachers.
"This is my first Professional Development experience, and I have been blown away!" - Margaret
"This week has been a work for the mind.” - Lynette
"I can now provide my students with tools that I didn't have in my own dancing.” - Dandara
- Observe in-person and/or virtual class offerings at Ballet Hispánico headquarters, led by seasoned School of Dance faculty addressing varied age groups and dance genres.
- Discuss and reflect on class observations and presentations with an emphasis on application for each teacher’s individual practice.
- Examine Early Childhood curricular bridging points and other developmental benchmarks for instruction.
- Exchange ideas about online and hybrid learning models and experiences.
- Engage with Ballet Hispánico pedagogy and curricular design through the lens of culture and repertory.
- Interact with tools for social-emotional learning and addressing the diverse student-learner.
- Challenge narratives of collective dance histories and dance archives through plática as critical pedagogy
- Identify cultura and other teaching identities, and their implications for pedagogical practices.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion!